VCT Masters 2 – Valorant $600K Prize pool – Hosted in Iceland
The excitement is brewing as the Valorant Masters 2 event draws near. This will be the first international LAN for Valorant, as many of the top teams have gathered in Reykjavík, Iceland. Here’s everything YOU need to know to cheer on your favorite teams from seven regions and watch these ten teams compete.
How the bracket was set up is that the top teams in the two largest regions (North America and EMEA) were given first-round bye’s and are automatically scheduled in the second round and opposite ends of the bracket. Any region that has two teams competing will have each team is opposite sides of the bracket to prevent them from facing each other in the upper bracket unless they both make it to the upper semi-finals. The rest of the teams are then randomly distributed in the rest of the bracket. See below for how the bracket is set up.
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Dates: May 24th-30th
Teams have already arrived and are required to quarantine for COVID reasons. There will not be a live audience at this event.
The prize pool for this event is set at $600,000 plus champion tour points to qualify for the Grand Championship at the end of the year.
- Monday, May 24 – 8 am PDT: Upper Bracket Round 1 and 2
- Tuesday, May 25 – 8 am PDT: Upper Bracket Round 2
- Wednesday, May 26 – 8 am PDT: Lower Bracket Round 1 and Upper Bracket Round 3
- Thursday, May 27 – 8 am PDT: Upper Bracket Round 3 and Lower Bracket Round 3
- Friday, May 28 – 8 am PDT: Lower Bracket Round 3 and Upper Bracket Final
- Saturday, May 29 – 8 am PDT: Lower Bracket Round 4 and Lower Bracket Final
- Sunday, May 30 – 8 am PDT: Finals
All the events will be streamed via their twitch channel.
Also to note that over this event, the newest Amazon Prime free reward will be released to Amazon Prime Subscribers, so make sure to claim your free reward if you have an account.